Somehow I missed this discussion, but I might be able to offer some relevant
info. First off, I am the Sr. Team Lead of Flash/Flex development at
www.flypaper.com. We created a product that creates presentation slides (we
call them stories) that run in a Flex/AS3 runtime on the web. The
application will also import PowerPoint slides for output. I don't know
which conversion library we are using (one of our C# devs implemented it)
but if our product isn't the solution you are looking for (give it a try,
there is a 30 free trial) I would be happy to offer what guidance I can.

Steve