From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of verma.lu...@gmail.com
Sent: 16 February 2009 06:09
To: Kevin Benz; flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Re: [flexcoders] AIR Application is not Appearing

Hello Kevin,

Yes, you are right I am using SDK 3.2. I have changed the namespace to
1.5 in App xml but still it's not appearing on new machine.

Pls tell me what to do.

Best,
Ashish

On Feb 14, 2009 9:27pm, Kevin Benz <kb...@passalongnetworks.com> wrote:

> Please be aware of a very simple issue that I don't
>
> believe is well documented... When you go through an upgrade of an
existing

> project from SDK 3.1 to 3.2 where Air is involved, the compiler links
the

> appropriate Air objects based on what is contained in the app.xml file
(YOUR

> APPLICATION NAME-app.xml) in the project home directory. You will find
either (the

> compiler usually crabs about this if you rely on objects not in the
chosen library

> though)
>

> xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/1.1";> or
>

> xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/1.5";>
>

> Make sure this is set correctly for your target environment.
>

> KFB

> flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Douglas

> Knudsen
>

> Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2009 7:17 AM
>

> To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
>

> Subject:  Re: [flexcoders] AIR Application is not Appearing

> I've seen this occur if there is some sort of startup error. ( No
>

> global exception handler, eh? ). For example, if your Air app is
>

> looking for a config file using static inatialiser on startup and
>

> can't find it, it could just hang there. Check the flashlog for
>

> errors.
>

> DK
>

> On 2/13/09, Alex Harui aha...@adobe.com>
>
> wrote:
>

> > Did they try uninstalling and re-installing?
>

> > Alex Harui
>

> > Flex SDK Developer
>

> > Adobe Systems Inc.http://www.adobe.com/>
>

> > Blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui
>

> > From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
>
> [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com]
>
> On
>

> > Behalf Of Ashish Verma
>

> > Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 7:03 AM
>

> > To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
>

> > Subject: [flexcoders] AIR Application is not Appearing
>

> > Hello All,
>

> > I created an AIR Application which was previously based on AIR 1.0
and I

> am
>

> > some more features in that application and compiling with the update
of

> Flex
>

> > 3 and targeting it for AIR 1.5. After making air file I am putting
it onto

> > sever to access by users. But when any user trying to run it after
>
> uploading
>

> > it's not displaying any window only showing task-bar button and
doing

> > noting. When I use the task-bar context to move command I can see
the

> dotted
>

> > rectangle on the desktop. I also checked for the installation folder
of the

> > application in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings but
there

> > was no any folder for it.
>

> > Please help me out.
>

> > Best,
>

> > Ashish
>

> --
>

> Sent from my mobile device
>

> Douglas Knudsen
>

> http://www.cubicleman.com
>

> this is my signature, like it?

> --

> dangerous content by MailScanner,
>
> and is
>

> believed to be clean.

This communication is from Primal Pictures Ltd., a company registered in
England and Wales with registration No. 02622298 and registered office: 4th
Floor, Tennyson House, 159-165 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5PA, UK. VAT
registration No. 648874577.

This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and
used only by the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please
contact the sender immediately by return e-mail or by telephoning +44(0)20 7637
1010. Please then delete the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any
person.
Security System.