From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Richard Rodseth
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 10:47 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Re: Passing params (flashvars) to sub-applications

Thanks for the example, Amy. I was able to do this (on application complete in
the host):

                                    loadedApp = event.target.application as
Application;
                                    loadedApp["configid"] = "Default";

and see the value in the loaded application.

public function set configid(id:String):void {
                this.config_id = id;
 }

I was also able to pass a parameter in the url, and access it in the loaded
app's creationComplete via

this.parameters["config_id"] (not
Application.application.parameters["config_id"]

But I have not been able to get this to work:

                                    loadedApp = event.target.application as
Application;
                                    if(!loadedApp) throw new Error();
                                    loadedApp.parameters["config_id"] =
"Default";

Loaded app's onCreationComplete()

                 this.config_id =
Application.application.parameters["config_id"];

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 6:35 AM, Amy
<amyblankens...@bellsouth.net<mailto:amyblankens...@bellsouth.net>> wrote:
--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, Richard
Rodseth <rrods...@...> wrote:

> I'm experimenting with loading sub applications using SWFLoader. I've
read
> numerous posts about this, but for the life of me can't figure out
how to
> pass flashvars to the sub application. In particular, the technique
> described here (the second one) doesn't work for me
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/407858/passing-flashvars-style-
parameters-to-a-loaded-swf

> Surely there's a definitive way to do this?
Have you thought about just setting up getters and setters on your base
class and calling those? This doesn't use getters and setters, but a
getter or setter is just a function, so you can see how it would work:

http://flexdiary.blogspot.com/2009/01/example-of-casting-contets-of-
swfloader.html