I am confused now, which method are you using?  Are you attempting to pass
values between the fully instantiated components, or are you trying to use
flashvars?

I have successfully use both approaches, but the last few posts have been
dealing with using component lifecycle events to trigger directly setting a
property on the loaded component.

Using flashvars is the simplest, because the lifecycle events do not come
into play, but is limited because you have to use strings.

Exactly what is your goal?

Tracy

  _____