It's too late, the damage is done, but I agree also FWIW.
An Adobe VP told me about "Flex" being the open source branding, and "Flash"
being the commercial product branding.  There is no way that customers will
figure that out.  They have enough trouble understanding that developers are
left-brained and designers are right-brained.

One should not target a single brand at two classes of individuals who have
different educations, different values, different world views, drive different
cars and listen to different music.  If you believe you know of a top-notch
designer who is also a top-notch developer, your standards are too low.  One
cannot excel at both career paths - humans are too finite.

Mike
... who tries to excel as a developer and has great respect for excellent
designers