1.) Keeping all their items more focused on the 'Flash Platform'.
2.) Call yourself a 'Flash Developer specializing in the Flex Framework'. Flex is not a language, its a Framework. It runs your application on a 2 frame time line. Frame 1 is the application loader, Frame 2 is your application. MXML gets compiled into ActionScript. All tags are easy representations of true AS classes. It is created for speed. Kinda like how ColdFusion is compiled into Java. You can create full working Flex apps without any MXML. I guess if you are worried about being confused with an animator call yourself a 'ActionScript Developer specializing in the Flex Framework' 5.) Doubt it too. They seem just to be aligning all the products related to Flash with Flash (Flash Builder, Flash Professional, Flash Catalyst) 6.) Blaze will probably remain around as a lesser version of LCDS. You lose some really cool features, but don't pay the monster price tag. I think Adobe knows that some of the success of Flash/Flex is that streaming data interaction and to only offer a pay version (LCDS) would stunt the growth of the community. Not all independant developer, web hosts, or small-mid companies can afford the full LCDS price tag.