If the rumors about Bing are true, then this panning could also have something to do with Silverlight. If I were at MSFT and my role was to ensure that Silverlight succeeded in knocking Flash off (as Word knocked off WordPerfect back in the day, e.g.) then I'd be looking for chinks in Adobe's armor wherever they may be.