From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of reflexactions
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 8:58 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Steve Jobs on Flash .......

Its not a question of whether it was possible at some point to construct
'something' on a device with a limited version of flash.

Its a question of whether you can construct something like this for example
http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/grouptabs/grouptabs.html
in flash with a comparable footprint and performance (a common complaint is cpu
utilization for some reason flash soaks up a huge amount of the cpu compared to
javascript).

I was testing some regex code today and the same code ran 4 times faster in IE,
20 times faster in Safari and Chrome.

Its not like these issues are anything new they've been around for years but
they don't get fixed which I guess is what SJ was really meaning when he called
Adobe lazy.