Jeez...it's *three* devices, and you *do* have a choice...

You're annoyed because you're being shut out of a market you want to be in, but
your arguments as to why you should be allowed into that market are specious.

If you buy an iPod/Pad/Phone, you buy it as is, knowing what it can and can't
do. It can't do Flash. If you don't like that, don't buy the device, it's
really very simple. If you want to hack it to make it capable of running Flash,
then sure, go ahead, no-one is going to sue you. You might not be able to claim
on your warranty or update the OS once you do that but, yes, it's your choice
if you want to go that way. Most people don't because most people can actually
live without Flash, believe it or not.

If you want to develop for the iP*, then learn objective C or use
HTML5/Javascript. If you don't then don't. Again, it's a simple choice you can
make.

Technologies change, sometimes their fortunes rise and sometimes they fall.
Flash has been the undisputed winner in the RIA wars up till now. Jobs is
betting the future of the iP* platform on HTML5. Maybe he's wrong about it, but
maybe he isn't. Time will tell.

Guy