> Adobe’s focus for FlashBuilder is on building ActionScript gaming and
> premium video projects that run on the Flash player.

I think many people assumed that the driver was "legacy" in-browser flex
apps, plus AIR apps for mobile devices. That the older, legacy support had
been farmed out to Apache, leaving the Flash Builder products as 'premium
value-added design tools' fit consistently with what Adobe does elsewhere.

The (baffling) removal of design view in 4.7 puts that impression to the
sword, however.

I'm not saying it's the wrong way to go - it's after all up to Adobe to
choose where to invest their product development. It's in a sense good to
know that Adobe has ceded all hope of competing with Google or Microsoft
for HTML5 application building - that makes the choices a bit easier.