You can "force it" by setting the long path in Airmail, but I would try lowering the buffers in the driver (through control panel)

Steve

Sent from Steve's iPhone

On Jun 20, 2009, at 20:35, "Gary Strong" <[email protected]> wrote:

The mixer setting for FlexWire made the difference, and I got TX as well as RX. TX certainly works since the called PMBO answers me. I can see
a nice strong signal on the reply, but no joy in establishment of a
connection.  I think the latency may be a tad long even with 512
buffers.  I tried both DIGU and USB just to be sure.  Will try other
settings tomorrow, but seems to be just a matter of catching the return
data pulse which I'm not doing even though I see the "tune" lights
stabilized on the modem upon receiving the data pulses as I think I
should.
Gary
AI4IN

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Stephen Hicks,
N5AC
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2009 5:40 PM
To: Brian Lloyd
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: [Flexradio] Fwd: Flex-3000 and PACTOR-III?


Attached are some of the instructions ... additionally I was using 96kHz
with a 2048 buffer in the driver as I recall ... the 512 was just set
for DIGU mode I think (not 100% sure here). I uploaded the cable specs,
but it did not make it through the reflector so Tim is going to post
these in the knowledge base and they should be up this weekend. Steve,
N5AC


On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 14:27, Stephen Hicks, N5AC
<[email protected]>wrote:

Folks,
I have successfully run PACTOR III from a PTC-IIpro through my
FlexRadio 3000.  I was surprised to find that it was easier to get a
Speedlevel 6 connection also.  Using my other radio (IC-7000), I
routinely would get a SL4 (2800) connection, but extremely rare SL6.
I suspect this is due to the superior IMD3 capabilities of the
FlexRadio 3000 since PACTOR III is a multi-carrier protocol.  I've
attached the cable information.  I have also talked with Farallon and
they have made a cable which I will be verifying this week and they
should begin stocking them if you would prefer to purchase rather than

construct one.

HOW TO:
Since the modem, itself, has internal DSP and compensates for its own
delay, the use of deep PowerSDR buffers is not necessary for PACTOR
use (they will also cause unacceptable delay). To reduce the buffers,

select Setup in PowerSDR and then the DSP tab.  Selection the Options
tab inside the DSP window.  There are three Buffer Size groups.
Reduce the buffer size for Digital down to around 512 for both TX and
RX.  This configuration has been tested and works well, but depending
on your particular operating environment you may want to raise one of
these slightly.

Now, since the audio from the modem is coming in through the FlexWire
connector, you will need to tell PowerSDR to use audio from the
FlexWire cable. Select FlexWire In as the input audio. You will also

need FlexWire Out selected, but it should be selected by default.
This is in the mixer setting in PowerSDR

Finally, you will probably want radio software such as AirMail to
control the radio.  To do this, you will need to download com0com and
setup a virtual com-port.  com0com can be found here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/com0com/

You will need to setup a port pair such as COM20 <--> COM21.  Then
enable this in PowerSDR by selecting one of these COM ports in the CAT

control setup, select 57600 for the baud rate and then check the
enable CAT box:



In your radio program, be sure to select the other side of the COM
port and the correct radio type (as you can see above, I've selected
TS-2000 and so in AirMail I would select Kenwood as the radio type).

Finally, when you test transmit, you will need to do an adjustment on
the mic audio in the mode-specific controls box.  You can watch the
mic indicator by selecting the TX Meter drop-down and selecting mic.
You are shooting for something at or just below 0 dBm.

73,
Steve, N5AC


On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 14:07, Brian Lloyd <[email protected]>
wrote:

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Ray Andrews, K9DUR<[email protected]>
wrote:
Brian,

I apologize.  Your are correct.  I leapt without looking at the
manual.
I
did not realize that Flex had included the audio in/out lines on
the FlexWire connector.  Oops!

No worries. Now if only they have put PTT there as well ...

73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage:
http://www.flex-radio.com/



_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage:
http://www.flex-radio.com/


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to