David,

-----Original Message-----
> What's FG_EXPERIMENTAL_LIGHTING? And is it used by default?

It is code to enable lighting on the aircraft carrier incuding an Optical
Landing aid (fixed at 3.75 deg). It is not enabled by default unless you add
that define. As far as I know only I am using it.

If you haven't already written code for billboarding trees there is
fgbillboard() function (unused so far) in tileentry.cxx. You may use it. It
works fine and I used it earlier for polygon based runway lights. You may
need to change the arguments depending on your implementation.

Regards
Ranga