Norman wrote:

> Please stick with 8.3 or else Win9X development will be 'hampered'
> in a way that would be similar to what Unix development would
> experience if we were to allow spaces in filenames.

I'll stay out of this one except to say that I don't stick with the 8.3 rule
in filenames and I have no problems using the Borland C++ compiler in an
MS-DOS window building or addressing files that do not follow the 8.3 rule.
But I am using Windows 2000 Pro. It seems to be a non-issue in W2KPro. Does
anyone who is using Windows NOT use CygWin? If so, do those that do not use
CygWin use an MSDOS command window? I can't see this affecting many people
if any. I could be wrong, though.

Jon