The DOS is dead after 95. I know because I had
lot of problems since the WIN32 dos in WIN95 was
not any more a real dos. It was a WIN32 emulating dos.

The file name header was no more kept as it was in the
real DOS. I kept some secret bytes in the file header
space on the real DOS .. and it worked! After WIN95 that
was lost. The system was no more the same.

> W9x (ie. 95, 98, ME) is based on DOS.

That is what the marketing peoble tell you! I don't belive MS
bothers to do anything too much. They just copy the same core
around and put another name on it. Just to have more sales and
to attract all the "I am so so so so profi" peoble :-)

> WinNT, 2000 and XP are based on a *totaly* new and independant system.

JOJ