Andy Ross writes:

 > I have my own peeves about the panel coordinate conventions.

I wrote the code after about two hours puzzling through examples in an
OpenGL book, which was my first exposure to 3D programming.  It works,
but I agree that it's ugly.

 > One of the things I'd really like to see at some point is the
 > ability to "paste" a 2D panel onto a polygon in a 3D virtual
 > cockpit.  In principle, this should be easy.  In practice, the use
 > of screen coordinates makes this difficult.  How should one
 > interpret y-offset in a 3D environment, for example?

You should ignore it completely -- the pilot position and viewing
direction would control what part of the panel you see.

The right thing is to integrate the panel code into the main SSG scene
graph.  Any volunteers?

All the best,

David

--