David wrote:

>Wolfram mentioned that GMAX-exported models don't work with PLIB
>anyway.

Yes, you can not load the gmax generated MDLs. You can try to use
Quake models as intermdediary file or maybe with Middleman
http://takeoff.to/landing
you could get an *.x file. I have not had time to try either option
myself yet, sorry.

>In other cases, the best bet would probably be to load the
>model into PPE, name the appropriate objects, then export it to some
>other format for FlightGear to use.

Unfortunately, PLIB can generate many thousands of nodes. But we only
need the names for the gear, props etc, which should IMHO work
automatically for MDLs that you can import.

>All the best,
>

>David

Bye bye,
Wolfram.