Dear Norman,

> The opengl libs got moved to
>
> / lib / w32api /   directory
>
> don't ask me why ?
>
> I just made a link to these in my '/ lib' dirrectory

I solved it as follows: Meanwhile, I had the X windows package coming with
Cygwin installed. This includes different opengl/glut packages adapted for
X, which - expectedly - do not work out of the box with FlightGear.

Thus, the lesson to learn is: Do NOT install X windows while building
FlightGear under Cygwin (at least not until a more clever solution can be
found). Cameron, maybe we could throw this into the FAQ?

After uninstalling X, I did not have to shift/link any other libraries.

Thanks and regards, Michael

--
        Michael Basler, Jena, Germany
                [EMAIL PROTECTED]