Michael Basler wites:

> I had the X windows package coming with Cygwin installed.
>This includes different opengl/glut packages adapted for
>X, which - expectedly - do not work out of the box with FlightGear.
>
>Thus, the lesson to learn is: Do NOT install X windows while building
>FlightGear under Cygwin (at least not until a more clever
>solution can be found).

This will probably take a while to sort out as a lot of projects not just
FGFS and PLib use a simple autoconf test
 if 'X' is present assume we are on a Unix Machine

Since 'X' has just VERY recently been added as an option to the
Cygwin Installer the fallout from this has not hit the Cygwin list yet
and having been 'toasted' once there over this issue I am hesitant
to bring it up again

FWIW
Every other time a layout conflict in Cygwin between what 'X' expects
and what a Unix program running on top of native WIN32 expects,
the 'X' way has prevailed.

So I have a suspicion that we will have to find our own way around
this issue or we might have to run an X Server just to develop FGFS
in a 'standard' Cygwin enviroment :-(

Norman