> I don't expect anyone to deal with running FlightGear under Cygnus' X,
> right? Besides, this sure isn't worth a lot of trouble with the
> Cygwin gang.
> We just should keep in mind there's a problem and add a note in the proper
> places (I'll do so in the next version of the Getting Started).
>
> Sure, a better solution might be having the configure scripts detecting X
> being installed in conjunction with Cygwin and spitting a corresonding
> message. It souldn't be too hard (I recall at least the PLIB configure
> script noted the X libs being found as such).

Gents,

As a Cygwin developer, I don't want or need to run FGFS under X, but I would
like to be able to work on it with X present, without using it.  It would be
"worth it" to be able to configure FGFS with "--without-X" or something
similar on a Cygwin system (or automatically not use X on Cygwin).

Now that XFree86, Qt, KDE, etc. are available for Cygwin (and stable) I
think you will find developers wanting to have X peacefully coexist with
FGFS on their Cygwin systems.

Regards,

Paul

Paul R. Deppe