Norman,

> Since 'X' has just VERY recently been added as an option to the
> Cygwin Installer the fallout from this has not hit the Cygwin list yet
> and having been 'toasted' once there over this issue I am hesitant
> to bring it up again

> So I have a suspicion that we will have to find our own way around
> this issue or we might have to run an X Server just to develop FGFS
> in a 'standard' Cygwin enviroment :-(

I don't expect anyone to deal with running FlightGear under Cygnus' X,
right? Besides, this sure isn't worth a lot of trouble with the Cygwin gang.
We just should keep in mind there's a problem and add a note in the proper
places (I'll do so in the next version of the Getting Started).

Sure, a better solution might be having the configure scripts detecting X
being installed in conjunction with Cygwin and spitting a corresonding
message. It souldn't be too hard (I recall at least the PLIB configure
script noted the X libs being found as such).

Regards, Michael

--
        Michael Basler, Jena, Germany
                [EMAIL PROTECTED]