Norman Vine writes:
> The same thing happens for me with both Cygwin gcc 2.95.2
> and MingW gcc 3.2 both using Doug Lea's malloc routines which
> I believe is what most Linux distributions use
>
> CVS version of Cygwin
>
> Implemeting the thread support seems to make this even worse
> but this is a totally unscientific observation
>
> FWIW
> This is bad enough so that any flight covering more then 1000km or
> so is futile for me as once the condition starts it reoccurs quite
> frequently

Norman,

It might be worth verifying that my partial tile free-er routine is
actually running.  If it's not running or is being bypassed some how,
then the condition you are reporting is very understandable.  If it is
being run, then it's not doing it's job correctly and should be looked
into.  You can also tune how much of the tile is deleted per frame.

Regards,