On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:23:24 +0100,
Erik Hofman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Brandon Bergren wrote:
>
> > I told him to make a UFO with blinking lights. (and no
> > trancelucencies!)
>
> Not? Have you ever seen one in real?

..in a german grammar class some 25 years ago, I looked for some
15-30 seconds at what I thought was an orange target tug jet, "in
a normal southbound cruise coming from the sound east of Senja"
(the other big mainland island) ,"about to pass over around"
Harstad, Norway, at "about 3-4000 ft".  I guessed "about .8 Mach".

..looking out the window, was inspired by the profound enthusiasm in
german grammar classes you'd expect from your average aeromodeller,
who found ID'ing the tug, _far_ more intriguing.  Nice girls too. ;-)

..it only "blinked twice" flying behind the mountains on the Rolla
and Andørja islands, no translucency.  I blinked too.  ;-)

> (Did you ever wonder why that is?)

..as I had no camera handy, and I did'nt think of it as anything
but an orange target tug jet until it was gone, I went with the
_Quiet_ Simpson Approach[Tm] "Nobody saw me do that...".  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: