On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 08:57:38 -0400,
David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> WillyB writes:
>
>  > I'm starting to get the instruments onto the Cassutt Racer and came
>  > accross one that is called CH or C HT or something like that... and
>  > I don't have any idea what it is...
>
> Cylinder Heat Temperature -- it's the main indication of how hot your
> engine is running (Exhaust Gas Temperature -- EGT -- is more for
> leaning the mixture).  CHT gauges are common on large engines, but
> very rare on the little 140-180 hp engines used in entry-level
> aircraft.

..the Cassutt Racer is hardly an entry-level plane.  ;-)

..that said, many EAA types cram in some weird instruments
"because I got it cheap and it works and I like it", so
your best option is simply ask for close-ups.

..telling 'em about FG _might_ land you an invitation
to take your own shots of the real bird.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: