Is that 4 position switch for the C HT or am I totally wrong on that?

Re's
WillyB

On Monday 28 July 2003 11:42, Alex Perry wrote:

From: Matthew Law <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If ther eis a switch for CHT .. would this be so you can manually
adjust the
temp if needed?

No. Cylinder Head Temp is usually used to help you assess the health of your engine.

CHT itself doesn't have a switch, it is purely a measurement. _However_ ... * Some people put EGT and CHT on the same dial and need a switch to select which output is being shown at any given time. * Like EGT, it is often useful to have a peak hold feature, in which case you need a switch to disable the peak hold. * You normally have one CHT sensor per cylinder (sometimes two), so you either need to have lots of dials, or a switch to select among them, or an electronic display to cycle through them, etc. * On a racing aircraft, I might be tempted to connect an autothrottle to the CHT (with a switch to disable it), just like a lot of acft have an autolean that operates the mixture on carburated engines.