From: Matthew Law <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > If ther eis a switch for CHT .. would this be so you can manually
> > adjust the
> > temp if needed?
>
> No. Cylinder Head Temp is usually used to help you assess the health of
> your engine.

CHT itself doesn't have a switch, it is purely a measurement. _However_ ...
* Some people put EGT and CHT on the same dial and need a switch to
  select which output is being shown at any given time.
* Like EGT, it is often useful to have a peak hold feature,
  in which case you need a switch to disable the peak hold.
* You normally have one CHT sensor per cylinder (sometimes two),
  so you either need to have lots of dials, or a switch to select
  among them, or an electronic display to cycle through them, etc.
* On a racing aircraft, I might be tempted to connect an autothrottle
  to the CHT (with a switch to disable it), just like a lot of acft
  have an autolean that operates the mixture on carburated engines.