Lee Elliott wrote:

I've been using Gnome for years but I'm finding it increasingly idiotified and un-controlable, not to mention less reliable.

What are the major cons that folk have found with running kde?

TIA

LeeE

I'm using KDE from the very beginning. I've always kind of liked it and I still do. I've only thrown an eye on other WMs though and haven't seriously used them (except for IceWM and LFWM), but I don't think I missed much (tabs in FluxBox are cool though:)).
I don't see any major cons for KDE. It's very flexible and still fast, which I personally very prefer.

- Matevz