Cameron Moore writes:

> In case you are misunderstanding what I am talking about, let me
> clarify.  Noone (that I know of) is opposed to "multiplayer/multipilot"
> capabilities being in FG.  What we are debating is "combat" -- ie.
> modelling projectiles such as bombs, bullets, and rockets and their
> resulting damage to objects.  These are two separate problems, though
> one is a prerequisite of the other.

Indeed multiplayer, multipilot and even remote pilot capability has always
been a desired capability, and AFAIK one of the primary motivators of FGFS
being made 'network' aware.  Speaking of which it's been awhile since I have
checked up on the remote jpeg server capability.  IMO It would be really neat
if a 'web jockey' were to integrate the jpg server and the http interface into
a single served page.  When I was developing the thing I mucked around with
a remote proxy server < a couple of lines of python > put that the http interface
and the jpeg into frames so both were on the same page, this was pretty cool in
that I could monitor/control  FGFS running on my machine at home that was on
a dialup from just about anywhere :-)

cheers

norman