----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene Buckle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "FlightGear developers discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 2:14 PM
Subject: RE: [Flightgear-devel] Multiplayer Server RFC -- Current Status

> > > To me this is absurd to the extreme.
> >
> > To you maybe.  This may not be the proper forum for you to be asserting
> > judgements like that anyway (see alt.politics.*) :-D
> >
> ...with cross-posts to alt.save.da.fwuffy.bunny and
> alt.wesley.crusher.die.die.die. :)
>
> > And in case someone didn't read my earlier post, I do not hold this
opinion
> > myself,  but I do think that a topical RFC should be posted before any
war
> > related code is committed, even with a configuration flag.  This _is_ a
hot
> > button whether anyone thinks it should be or not.
> >
> I read the whole post.  Really! :)
>
> I guess my problem is that I'm totally unable to understand why someone
> would object to just the _presense_ of munitions code even being present.
> It completely baffles me.  Even as I sit here pondering the why, all I can
> come up with is pejorative commentary and that's unfortunate.

Same here -- I deleted the post before sending it -- tolerance and
understanding of others ideas is what makes a community -- I've tried to do
that by consenting to add code for strictly non-combat simulations -- I hope
for the same from the non-combat folks about the combat code -- I'll leave
it at that

> BTW, I know a group of virtual F-16 drivers that would practically wet
> themselves over software they could use to drive their cockpits with. :)
> Falcon 4.0 doesn't go far enough with their data exports.

Lets make their day !!!