Paul Surgeon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> On Monday, 1 December 2003 19:16, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> > You can actually add a shadow layer to the model directly and keep it
> > at ground level via various model animation directives:
> >
> >     http://www.flightgear.org/images/an225-departing-KSFO.jpg
> >
> > It's not a perfect shadow, but it's quick and easy.
> >
> > Curt.
>
> It's a very light shadow - too light in my opinion.
> It would look correct if the AN225 was made of shade netting or wire mesh.
>
> Does the animation take the angle of the sun into account as well?

Check out the model xml wrapper to see what is and is not being animated.  I
don't think that is currently possible. Probably it just requires an addition
to the property tree from the lighting code.

What we do have is certainly a major improvement over nothing.  Which reminds
me that I really need to go ahead and make on of these for each of my own models.

Best,

Jim