I made a tilable grass texture today.

If anyone likes it and wants to use for some part of FG then let me know and
I'll e-mail it to you. 1024x1024 RGB - 3MB
I made it quite light to reflect the type of grass in my part of the world so
if someone wants darker greens let me know and I'll tweak it before sending
it.

I tested it in FG by adding it to the high res terrain texture folder.
I was surprised to see it load and that the scaling seems to be correct as
well. I was expecting some sort of scaling or clipping problem.

http://www.geocities.com/surgptr/images/grass1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/surgptr/images/grass2.jpg

Now if I can just figure out how to change the mip mapping to not be so
aggressive. It kills the texture detail far too close to the viewer and makes
the screenshots look bad.

Regards
Paul Surgeon