* Melchior FRANZ -- Monday 22 March 2004 13:34:
> 1. Problem: it *has* to be a box. SimGear refuses to translate a
>    mere (2D) plane!

Yes, Matthias, thanks. Erik has enlightened me already. And would I
have looked closer at the yf23, I would have known. Erik says, that
plib might "optimize" the quad.

> 2. SimGear refuses to rotate the rotor shadow alone (A). The object
>    remains fixed like the fuselage shadow. If I add the fuselage
>    shadow, both are rotated! The rotor shadow is also rotated if I
>    remove the fuselage shadow from steps B and C.

That's a nasty one. Because I lumped two objects into one animation
statement, sg seems to refuse to treat them separately any more. I had
to dissolve all the animations into separate ones.

> 3. Where the rotor shadow overlays the fuselage shadow, the resulting
>    color is darker than either shadow. The shadows add.

This does still not work. Re-ordering the object in the *.ac file
didn't really cure that. I'll make the shadows totally black, then
nobody will notice.  ;-)

m.