Melchior FRANZ wrote:

That's a nasty one. Because I lumped two objects into one animation
statement, sg seems to refuse to treat them separately any more. I had
to dissolve all the animations into separate ones.

You can still treat animated objects separately, but you have to understand how the animation code works. An animation creates a new SSG node, inserted directly above the first object in the animation. If there is more than one animated object, all of the others will be moved so that they lie under the same SSG parent node (so that any transformations, etc., will apply to all of them).

So, if an object is in an animation group and it is not the first object in the group, it will lose any previous animations; however, later animations will still apply (as long as it is the only object in the later animations, or the first one in a group).

All the best,

David