* David Megginson -- Monday 22 March 2004 14:33:
> An animation creates a new SSG node, inserted
> directly above the first object in the animation. [...]
> So, if an object is in an animation group and it is not the first object in
> the group, it will lose any previous animations;

OK. I put shadow_fuselage and shadow_rotor in separate animations,
and this solved a part of my problem.

But I can still not get sg to animate rotor shadow and fuselage shadow
independent from each other. What I have now (each in a separate animation
group):

  1. pitch rotate fuselage shadow
  2. roll rotate fuselage shadow
  3. agl translate fuselage shadow

  4. rotate rotor shadow
  5. pitch rotate fuselage shadow
  6. roll rotate fuselage shadow
  7. agl translate fuselage shadow

But step 4 seems to be influenced by AGL! Putting 4--7 before 1--3
doesn't help either.

m.