Chris Metzler wrote:
On Sat, 15 May 2004 20:03:07 +0100
Lee Elliott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I seem to recall discussing how we could include specific scenery
features on this list sometime in the past but I can't remember if any
conclusions were  reached.

Would it be possible to pull the scenery objects out of the terrain &
usage data i.e. the current /Scenery data, and put them in a separate
folder?

This would mean that the scenery objects would have to include the
location data - lat, lon & alt - but that, along with any animation
stuff such as warning and night lights, opening swing bridges and
rotating restaurants could be defined in XML.

A very thing about this would be that a modeller could easily see how
his/her work looks in the simulation itself; it wouldn't require
regenerating the terrain to do so.

As an aside, is there a way to travel around the scenery and look at
it other than by flying? For the purposes of inspecting how models
look etc., it's nice to be able to pick a vantage point and viewing
angle; is there anything like that in fgfs?

-c

try the ufo

Josh