Curtis L. Olson wrote:

I want to add a flag to the property system to specify existence of wing icing or not. We don't really have much for icing in FG yet (other that the UIUC stuff.)

Let's set up a proper subtree now so that we can support this properly in the future, when we can model more sophisticated conditions. As you said, there's no need to fill in the whole subtree now, but at least let's leave room for it later. I'd suggest something like

  /hazards/icing/airframe/wings/type=(none|rime|mixed|clear)
  /hazards/icing/airframe/wings/severity=(none|trace|light|moderate|severe)

Hopefully, it won't be too much extra trouble checking two properties instead of one.

All the best,

David