Hi Jon

"Jon Berndt" writes

I was doing one ... still have it in-work. Kept running into things I wanted to fix and
add in the code and getting distracted. I was using DATCOM to help with aero tables. Now
we are close to having aero tables generated with DATCOM+ directly (thanks to Bill
Galbraith).
Yes I know I downloaded it and used it. Didn't know about the monitoring
file you were outputing from it, ended up with a 400meg file, good thing
I had it on the big drive(LOL).
Some things about the FDM.The engine and prop tie up seems strange.
If I increase the diameter of the prop the idle rpm drops and with a 10'5''
prop for some reason the prop pitch never got past about 12deg with the
throttle wide open.Is the prop a direct drive off the crankshaft or is there
a gearing property somewhere I have not found.
Also the best I have been able to get out of the P51 is about 275mph at
about 5000' and the best climb rate with out loseing speed is about 1500'/min.
What properties would be worth playing with in the aero FDM to improve these
figures closer to what the actual A/C could achive.

Jon

Cheers Innis