Lee Elliott wrote:
On Thursday 27 May 2004 09:07, Erik Hofman wrote:

Giles Robertson wrote:

The other advantage of defining specific function is consistency across
aircraft models. As as user, I'd want to know that a certain key drops
the arrestor hook, and that that same key drops the hook in all aircraft
that have one. If we just make aircraft modellers use a certain set of
keys, inconsistencies should spring up.

So far every designer seems to have accepted the same keyboard bindings across different aircraft. Please take a look at FlightGear/data/Docs/keyboard/map.pdf

Erik

Heh! - I wasn't aware of that doc. The '[' & ']' flap keys on the AN-225 & B-52F should operate the the flaps as normal. I re-assigned them for the Comper-Swift because it doesn't have flaps and the only way you can see forward is by leaning out.

I've been using the 'd' & 'f' keys for slats as there didn't seem to be a standard assignment for them and the keys didn't seem to be already assigned, but I'm not fussed as to which keys are used for the slats.

LeeE

I would actually like to see some standard method for leaning the viewpoint built into FG. Lots of taildraggers could benefit from this. I guess I should write a Nasal script and give it some key bindings, like maybe the numpad with some modifier. I'm not sure if that is possible though. Maybe another mouse mode, or some modifier in the view mode?

Josh