This message just came to one of the aviation newsgroups from Paul Tomblin, who maintains several free GPS/flight-planning databases. It looks like we'll be losing the DAFIF soon, which is our source for most airports outside the U.S., as well as for ATC frequencies, airways, arrival procedures, etc. This is extremely bad news -- of course, we can keep using the final edition of the DAFIF (whenever that is) for a while, but it will get further and further out of date.

All the best,

David

--
All the best,

David

--
Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights.
Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to
In a previous article, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Paul Tomblin) said:
>I've been hearing nasty rumours that the DAFIF file will no longer be
>available on the net for free download, and the CD won't be available to
>non-government users.

Here is an email I got from Jerry Leicht, the DAFIF Program Manager: