Chris Metzler wrote:

Is there an official announcement of this somewhere?  I've looked all
around the NGA and NACO sites but haven't found anything.  How did he
hear about this?  Is there any kind of timetable?  Were there reasons
stated?

According to the message I quoted, the Australian government is suing Jeppesen for publishing information obtained from Australian aviation publications. That's bad news not only for the flying community but for the flight sim community as well -- it sounds like they're claiming copyright not only on their publications but on the information itself (i.e. the location of runways or VORs).

All the best,

David