Lee Elliott wrote:

> Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 9:57 PM
> To: FlightGear developers discussions

Like the model: up to your usual standard. (Well, all except the pilot's
bone dome - wrong pattern :-))

It works. The operative word is 'accelerate'. As you accelerate you leave
bombs behind: they are instantiated with the velocity at the time of
release, but since the aircraft is accelerating it will be left behind. Try
the following using your original values in submodel:

        Release a bomb while stationary: it turns and aligns with the
velocity - note although the aircraft is stationary, there are still some
small N/E/D velocities. I'm not sure why.

        Accelerate down the runway: the bombs gradually align with the
aircraft as forward motion is added, but they are left behind.

        Brake: the bombs shoot ahead of the aircraft, with their proper
velocity. All those left behind now go past. Great fun - like big fish
swimming by.

I've convinced myself, anyway - Newton's Laws of Motion at work (see Arnt's
comments).

Regards

Vivian