On 10/19/04 at 11:57 AM Chris Metzler wrote:
>Finally, I'm wondering how you're going to handle conflicts between future
>X-Plane data releases, and changes that people have sent to you.  For
>example, suppose an FG user sends some changes to an airport to you; and
>suppose some X-Plane user sends some changes to the same airport to Robin
>Peel (or the DAFIF changes for that airport).  The next X-Plane dataset
>contains the changes that Robin Peel received, which are different from
>the ones you have.  How would that get resolved?  Go with theirs?  Go with
>ours?  Contact the person who sent you changes to review the situation and
>update?

Well, in a way this is no different from before, in that several folk could
have separately sent Robin submissions for the same airport during the same
data cycle.  There's really no way round this - at least the airport in
question should end up with some taxiways at the end of the day.  I shall
endeavour to get them sent on to him as soon as possible once he's back in
communication in order to minimise the chance of this.  FWIW, don't bother
doing KOXR, KGYY, KDPA or KCPU or you'll be duplicating my work.

At the end of the day, I figured that maintaining some sort of diff to the
master database was the only way that TaxiDraw users would get to see their
stuff in FlightGear in the near future, especially given that regenerating
the scenery oneself is somewhat non-trivial, and requires some extremely
large downloads.  I guess we'll see how it works out in time.

Cheers - Dave