On Friday 22 October 2004 22:40, Vivian Meazza wrote:
> Lee wrote:
> > [snip...]
> >
> > > You can do it right now by setting the velocity to zero,
> > > buoyancy to 32 and wind to false. Then you need to create
> > > a suitable marker in /models/geometry (use puff.ac to
> > > prove the principle), and put the path in the submodel.xml
> > > file. Oh, and set the delay to a smallish number and the
> > > count to -1 life should be longish. Pick some suitable
> > > offset - CofG good be a good choice. And there you have it
> > > - a stream of stationary markers dropped off behind your
> > > aircraft.
> > >
> > > No problem,
> > >
> > > Vivian
> > >
> > :)
> >
> > ...starts thinking about a suitable key-binding...
>
> I think you might want the marker to have a spherical
> billboard animation, so you'll need to put the .ac file into
> an .xml wrapper - see exhaust.xml for an example.
>
> Then Robert will be your father's brother :-)
>
> Vivian

I've added a trajectory marker sub-model to the Canberra - I just
used two line objects to form an inverted 'T' - seems to work
well enough.  I had to set the submodel <eda> to a very high
value - just setting <speed> to zero wasn't sufficient as each
marker object inherited the parent a/c speed, and so kept
moving.  Using a very high <eda> seems to stop it though and I
haven't noticed any drift over a period of 15 minutes.

While the markers indicate roll, they don't show pitch - I think
this may be because of the high degree of 'air-braking' :)

I've mapped the 'K' (shift-k) key to toggle the markers on and
off.

A direct link to the archive is...

http://www.overthetop.freeserve.co.uk/EE-Canberra-20041025.tar.gz

LeeE