> From: Arthur Wiebe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:41:58 -0500
> To: FlightGear developers discussions <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Re: FlightGear on Mac OS X
>
> After setting two environment variables I was able to get simgear
> 0.3.7 to compile without any problems.
>
> In bash you would set them like this:
> export CFLAGS=-I/usr/X11R6/include
> export CXXFLAGS=-I/usr/X11R6/include
>
> And I built plib 1.8.3 with help from the diffs you sent but building
> from CVS worked for me without any patching.

I guess that means that the appropriate patches are already in the plib CVS,
just not yet released.

> Now FlightGear itself is another story. I had to upgrade automake in
> order to run the autogen.sh script successfully.

That is very strange, because I did not have to.  I wonder what is different
about our setups?

> I have not yet got FlightGear 0.9.6 to compile. Keep on getting:
>
> -lplibfnt -lplibul -framework GLUT -framework OpenGL -framework AGL
> -framework Carbon -lobjc
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> fntTexFont::load(char const*, unsigned int, unsigned int)
> make[2]: *** [layout-test] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

What is also strange is that I can get FG to compile, up to the final link
stage.  I think that is the same problem that you are having, but we are
getting different Undefined symbols.  Mine seem to be from stuff that I have
already built (plib).