I've just had a crown fitted to my tooth and I'm a bit off-song so I decided
to make a 'rip-down' version of the C172P that I was working on for
ground-static (pure scenery display).

I've made the model look near to the normal model in quality unless you go
right up and look closely (interior textures, controls etc are gone) The
seats are still in but I've cropped a lot of vertices from the fusealage and
wings and re-orientated the model nose-up to simulate an empty cabin. (I made
some 'line' tie-downs too just for show.

The vertex count is down from near 1800 to 1200 and the number of 512x512
textures is halved.

Is this low enough to be reasonable as a ground-static aircraft? (I have a
behemoth of a gpu that loves vertices so I'm not much use as a tester).

Can anyone up to speed which scenery placement who could have a go with
placing a few duplicates of the model and then taxying past a few times to
gauge whether the frame-rate takes a big hit?

Thanks

Dave Martin