On Tuesday 04 Jan 2005 21:47, Richard Hornby wrote:
> OK - thanks.  And by the way, your panel looks good! I see that AC3D will
> import and export 3ds, and there is a 14 day free trial, so I guess I will
> do that for now.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> R  :-)

Just be mindfull of potentially forking work already done in a different
format (says I with guilt).

Just because a model appears in any given format does not mean that is
definitely the original format.

If you intend to work on an already existing model (barring just adding
instruments which can be called via the xml files) you'd be best asking here
what the native format is and how best to go about using it.

Dave Martin