Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> ..this Groklaw thread suggests we cannot do a GPL port to Sun's new
> OpenSolaris, as we risk lawsuits:

No, and the reason is stated here:

>> Because Sun is not opening their patents to the entire open source
>> community under any license, anyone who works on CDDL code and/or
>> reviews the Sun patents is now tainted [...]

"Porting to" OpenSolaris and "working on" OpenSolaris are two totally
different topics. BTW:

1.) we get around 300 downloads of the Solaris package per _year_,
2.) I expect the sol8 package to run on sol9 and OpenSolaris as well.

So why should be bother ....

Martin.