Hi Sam

 Sam Heyman writes

OK so I have downloaded the trial version and yes, you can save files from it. However, when I try and load my .wrl file it says "loading failed" and nothing happens....
Do you know if CATIA .wrl is different to say standard .wrl?

As Erik says you need to import files not open them in AC3D.After you
have imported them you can then save them as .ac files.Also have a look at
the list of files you can import under the File/Import drop down.If you cant convert
to .ac or 3ds you maybe able to use one of the other formats that AC3D can handle.

Cheers
Innis