Jon Berndt

> > Jon Berndt wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm finally getting around to reinstalling FlightGear after a hard
> drive
> > > crash a couple months ago. I have this as a place to get OpenAL for
> Cygwin:
> >
> > Try this version:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/Win32/openal_cyg.tgz
> >
> > Vivian
>
> I got that file. I untarred it in /usr, so the include files, libraries,
> etc. all went in
> the right places.
>
> However, I've tried building SimGear (under CygWin) and I get this error:
>
> --- start ---
> In file included from ../../simgear/sound/soundmgr_openal.hxx:50,
>                  from visual_enviro.cxx:33:
> /usr/include/AL/alc.h:39: error: syntax error before `*' token
> /usr/include/AL/alc.h:51: error: `ALCcontext' was not declared in this
> scope
> /usr/include/AL/alc.h:51: error: `alcHandle' was not declared in this
> scope
> /usr/include/AL/alc.h:51: error: variable `ALCboolean
> alcMakeContextCurrent'
>    definition is marked dllimport.
> --- end ---
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for me in configuring OpenAL to work with
> SimGear?

Hmmm ... we had to fiddle with it to make it work some months ago ... I
forget exactly what we did

Here's some thoughts - might help.

1. I put my OpenAL stuff here:

\usr\local\include\AL

2. Make sure there's no other openal stuff left around in other directories

3. Check that the appropriate lines in alc.h look exactly like this - there
was a problem with underscores:

#ifdef WIN32
 #ifdef _OPENAL32LIB
  #define ALCAPI __declspec(dllexport)
 #else
  #define ALCAPI __declspec(dllimport)
 #endif

#ifdef WIN32
 typedef struct ALCdevice_struct ALCdevice;
 typedef struct ALCcontext_struct ALCcontext;
#endif

I think there was a problem elsewhere, but I can't identify it right now. If
the lines are correct, then the other problem has likely been corrected as
well.

Vivian