Le samedi 16 juillet 2005 à 18:22 +0200, Harald JOHNSEN a écrit :
> Gerard Robin wrote:
>
> >Yes i have seen it. (my question was rather to get some answer about the
> >next noshadow updates depending on "Harald to do list").
> >That property should be like "select" and any others property.
> >

> I never thought of it as a dynamic selector, maybe I am wrong.
>
> >Is it any technical reasons which keep off to do it?
> >

> I think it can be done, we could have a condition for dynamic selection
> in addition to the current
> static form.
>
> >If yes, that will reduce the advantage of that "noshadow" property.
> >

> Could you give some examples ? The noshadow thing is usualy used to hide
> some artifacts
> caused by transparent geometry like windows, rotating propeler disk,
> paintings, etc, or to reduce the
> complexity of the shadow (virtual cockpit or other complex parts of the
> plane).
>
> Harald.

Oh, yes i can.
It is the result of a first approach it can be opened to discussions.

==> We permanently need the maximum of fps. The shadow is mainly useful
when the aircraft can cast shadow on the ground. We don't need it when
the aircraft is  in altitude and we could deactivate shadow.
May be only useful if we like to get shadow on the aircraft from itself
(very significant if the texture or color clear).

==> In order to solve the ugly effect on the propeller disk, we could
try to deactivate some aircraft objets under conditions.

==> cockpit view (view 1) gets shadows on the windscreen, cockpit
hud .... it is ugly, we could deactivate it.

May be others , i continu to test it.

thanks

--
Gerard