> > Could you give some examples ? The noshadow thing is usualy used to hide
> > some artifacts
> > caused by transparent geometry like windows, rotating propeler disk,
> > paintings, etc, or to reduce the
> > complexity of the shadow (virtual cockpit or other complex parts of the
> > plane).
> >
> > Harald.
> >

> Oh, yes i can.
> It is the result of a first approach it can be opened to discussions.
>
> ==> We permanently need the maximum of fps. The shadow is mainly useful
> when the aircraft can cast shadow on the ground. We don't need it when
> the aircraft is  in altitude and we could deactivate shadow.
> May be only useful if we like to get shadow on the aircraft from itself
> (very significant if the texture or color clear).
>
> ==> In order to solve the ugly effect on the propeller disk, we could
> try to deactivate some aircraft objets under conditions.
>
> ==> cockpit view (view 1) gets shadows on the windscreen, cockpit
> hud .... it is ugly, we could deactivate it.
>
> May be others , i continu to test it.
>
> thanks

In addition to, an other exemple.
the shadow goes against the blend animation.

The most significant is  the helicopter rotor (i did not test with
bo105, which should give the same difficulties, i tested it with one of
mine).
Let us go.
RotorDisk being defined with noshadow animation
=>First: we start with a 0 rpm "rotor" gives a good shadow on the
ground.
=>Second: the "rotor" rotate to reach the operational rpm, during that
period blend property decrease the "rotor" look and increase the
RotorDisk look. One should be replaced by the second.
At that stage "rotor" do not get the blend effect because of the shadow.
=>Third: operational rpm has been reached, we can see both RotorDisk and
rotor, we should only see RotorDisk.
--
Gerard